ECLECTIC TREASURES AND THE COMFORTS OF HOME


Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Favorite Things...part one

This is the inaugural post for the Mermaid Den! Since I've spent so much time ogling many blogs in our online community, I thought it was time to become part of it.  Today I'd love to share some of my favorite decor goodies, some which I have in my house, and some which I merely dream about!


I have been drawn to mermaids way before Disney created Ariel.  
Mermaids are powerful, they sing, and they live in the ocean. What's not to love? I lusted after this mermaid sculpture for years, and finally I have one proudly hanging in my kitchen.  Her name is Ethel and she is made by Chase Allen who lives on remote Daufuskie Island, South Carolina. Check out his website at www.ironfishart.com.


 
I'm pretty much obsessed with Mora clocks. 
Perhaps it's my Swedish heritage beckoning to me. 
I'm hoping to have one of these in my home some day!




Do you love the Paris industrial look?  We must be related.
I can only dream about this console table since it's a very expensive antique.




If we ever remodel our master bathroom, this is the tub for me.
Those bun feet! The curves! Swoon!

Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment